list of dates within a date range but listed 3 months apart?

Ssoriano0127

Hello all!

First time posting here! Just joined the site!

I had a question about having a range of dates listed between two dates. For example. Lets say my date ranges are 4/18/2016 - 12/18/18, What formula can I use to have excel populate every 3 months within that date range starting with 4/18/2018. I would need it to appear like this:
4/18/2016
7/18/2016
10/18/2016
1/18/2017

and so on until I reached 12/18/2018.

I know about the fill function but that just listed every month in that date range. I specifically need it spaced three months apart.

Hoping somebody can help!

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
Hello, thanks for the quick reply! I entered that but it only gave me one date and it was three months after that first date i needed. I need all of those dates in that range listed three months apart.

Please try this formula.
A2 =EDATE(A1,(ROW(A2)-ROW(A1))*3)

Upvote 0
Ok I messed around with it and I got it, I dragged it down to allow the other fields to populate. Thanks so much. My only other questions is that date range I supplied will constantly change, for example, the date range could be anywhere from 3 months to 48 months or more. Is there anyway for the ranges to populate to only be shown with in that range? For example, lets say the date range is 4/19/2016 - 5/19/2018, how can I have it so it stops at that 5/19/2018 or before instead of having it keep going.

Just as a back ground, I'm constructing a calculator where date ranges are entered and these date ranges will have $ amounts next to them based on another formula and those dollar amounts are going to be different depending on the amount of months within that range.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks again for all your help!

Hello, thanks for the quick reply! I entered that but it only gave me one date and it was three months after that first date i needed. I need all of those dates in that range listed three months apart.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
denissimo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back