simple pivot table question

joshman108

On right is the pivot table output I am looking for. Each row contains the date and things are being grouped by the second column: campaign. On the left, however, is a new one I am trying to set up to mimic the one on right but is just formatted differently and I can't figure out what the difference is. Don't mind the column headers, they are all equivalent to each other.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

https://imgur.com/a/rEOI9

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
I don't have the same version of Excel as you... but if it is any help this is how I interpret it based on older version of Excel I use:

The table on the right all have the same date, thus the data under the 'Campaign' field are grouped by 12/17/17. For the table on the left the data under the 'Campaign name' are displayed under each date they are linked to. That's why the dates are in blue and the campaign names are in the white rows below. For the pivot table on the right they are all under one date thus that is why the whole column is green.

To mimic the table on the right, I would select all of the dates displayed in column A > right click > group > change 'Group1' to 'December' (or another suitable name) > in the pivot table field list remove the orginal 'Reporting Ends' from the row labels but make sure you leave the new 'Reporting Ends2' in the row labels section.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back