Replacement of Array Index Small If for Huge Datas - Advanced Help Needed!

Wrathard

Hello guys,

I've been trying to get rid of several Index- Small - If arrays since I'm pulling data of over 100,000 rows and this causes excel to pretty much slowdown and process forever.

I've spent over 2 full days trying to figure this out to no avail. This is pretty much advanced excel, so I'll probably need the gurus to help me out here.

Basically what I want to do is the following:

1. Create a top 10 customer list which is sorted from highest to lowest
  2. This top 10 list depends on two variables, these are listed in cell B5 and B6 respectively (Country and Product)
  3. Depending on these two filters, the top 10 list automatically changes (I use arrays for this, which is what I want to change)
  4. There is a helper column on tab "Data" that is being used to gather the sums of all Country and Product combinations (I use this helper to avoid using more arrays).

This is part of a dashboard I'm trying to create where users can select their country of choice and product. That is why the need of those filters.

There are only around 1500 rows in the attached file, however the real data should have around 100,000. Which would make arrays inefficient.

Please guys, let's try to figure this out together - greatly appreciate all the support.

Below the link for a test file (when I get home I'll upload in DropBox/OneDrive and update link):

https://ufile.io/gsfmi

Thanks!​

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
Have you tried to accomplish this with a pivot table?

Yes, however I'd like to point out that Slicers and Pivot Table are not an optimal solution. The dashboard will use data from a lot of different tables and slicers/pivots won't work as the source data will be different.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max_pedreira

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back