Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: time and motion study 2 or more people
Thanks Thanks: 0 Likes Likes: 0

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default time and motion study 2 or more people

    Hi,

    I am doing a time and motion study on a 2 man process and I want to get a time line up and visually see when they are working together at the same time and when they are not and
    try to balance their work load so they continuously working and now waiting for each other

    I have a Gantt chart in excel and can do it for the one person okay, but is it possible to track to peoples times.

    Any help is appreciated

    Thanks

    Sal

  2. #2
    Board Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,136
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: time and motion study 2 or more people

    Show a sample of the data behind the chart and it would be better to explain what situations in the data you are trying to point out to yourself. Be specific in regards to your data and how it is formatted. Your explanation makes sense but is vague in a sense of what your issue is.

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: time and motion study 2 or more people

    Quote Originally Posted by cerfani View Post
    Show a sample of the data behind the chart and it would be better to explain what situations in the data you are trying to point out to yourself. Be specific in regards to your data and how it is formatted. Your explanation makes sense but is vague in a sense of what your issue is.
    Ok so Person 1 does task 1 which take 60 seconds
    Person 2 in the mean while does another task which takes 30 seconds
    Person 2 does task 3 takes them 30 seconds
    Person 1 does task 4 which takes 40 seconds is a 2 person task.
    Task 5 and 6 started at the same time but Person 2 finishes earlier and gets on with another task
    and so on


    Task 1 ------
    Task 2 ---
    Task 3 ---
    Task 4 ----
    Task 4 ----
    Task 5 ------
    Task 6 ---
    Task 7 ----
    Task 8 ---

    Is there any way to identify the person?

    I hope that is clear enough.

    Thanks

    Sal

  4. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: time and motion study 2 or more people

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude_78 View Post
    Ok so Person 1 does task 1 which take 60 seconds
    Person 2 in the mean while does another task which takes 30 seconds
    Person 2 does task 3 takes them 30 seconds
    Person 1 does task 4 which takes 40 seconds is a 2 person task.
    Task 5 and 6 started at the same time but Person 2 finishes earlier and gets on with another task
    and so on


    Task 1 ------
    Task 2 ---
    Task 3 ---
    Task 4 ----
    Task 4 ----
    Task 5 ------
    Task 6 ---
    Task 7 ----
    Task 8 ---

    Is there any way to identify the person?

    I hope that is clear enough.

    Thanks

    Sal

    Spaces disappeared as i posted, wont be clear what I mean

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: time and motion study 2 or more people

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude_78 View Post
    Spaces disappeared as i posted, wont be clear what I mean
    Just imagine a gantt chart with the dashes.

Some videos you may like

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •