Unable to convert data to a table

allenwgulley

I have a spreadsheet that I use every day to format a set of data. I open the spreadsheet, import a CSV file, then apply some formatting before distributing a very simple report. Once in a while I will make a mistake and have to delete the contents of the sheet and start over again. The problem is that when I start over and re-import the data I am unable to convert it to a table. I select the entire range and select Format as Table. The little box that confirms the location of the data appears but when I click OK nothing happens. The only way I have found to remedy this is by deleting the entire worksheet and creating a new one. Anyone have any ideas what I might be doing wrong? My theory is that when I originally import the data and convert it to a table that something in the underlying formatting of the worksheet changes that will not allow the same data to be imported and converted. Any help is appreciated.

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rohitsomani

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back