Need HELP with code auto move whole row to new worksheet based on data

crazydoglady

hi i could really use some help. i have two work sheets outstanding and and i want to be able to automatically hide an entire row based on the text "closed" from my outstanding worksheet and move it to completed.
i know this cant be done with a function or formula and my knowledge of code is awful.
Can someone please help?
my closed column is a drop down not sure if it makes a difference and my rows start in A3

Outstanding
ABCDEFG
1234anybroken downbelfastanyclosed1/1/18
3858anybroken downnewyorkanyclosed2/2/18

<tbody>
</tbody>

You are very welcome. :)

Hi mumps you were helping me yesterday with my code issues. I wanted to move a sheet from outstanding to completed and you gave me a macro which worked brilliant and now today when in work I went
to use the spreadsheet for some reason its not working and I cant understand why, do you have any clues I think it is excel 2016 I am using

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
I really don't know why it wouldn't be working now. Can you post a copy of the file that is now not working? Please see Post #6 for instructions.

Upvote 0
I really don't know why it wouldn't be working now. Can you post a copy of the file that is now not working? Please see Post #6 for instructions.

Hi thanks for replying again, I think it could be to do with our company server. I need to speak to IT cause it works perfect on my home PC

Upvote 0
In order for the macro to work, you have to enable the macros in Excel. Quite often, for security reasons, some organizations will leave them disabled.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In order for the macro to work, you have to enable the macros in Excel. Quite often, for security reasons, some organizations will leave them disabled.

yes that's what i thought i will check it out tomorrow. i know its not recommended to have macros enabled. thanks again

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moonlight6

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back