Declaring variables for use in formulae

doesnotcode

Hello! I had posted this question on Stack Overflow, but was told that it isn't the right place for such a question. I have two sheets in Excel, one with formulae calculating business costs, and another where I'm trying to calculate revenue projections based on those costs. Images: Costs Projections

I'm trying to set it up so that the blank rows in the Projection sheet are dynamically calculated using the formulae from the Costs sheet, based on 'Sales' and 'Markup' values input by the user.

I have also tried using Scenario Manager and Data Table options in Excel, but they didn't work. What is the simplest solution with / without scripts? Grateful for any advice on this.

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
I realise this question may not be clear enough. Since I don't have edit permissions, here are further details:
The Costs sheet already has values for 'Sales' (D18) and 'Markup' (D26). What I'm trying to achieve is a formula that will automatically calculate the 'Variable Cost', 'Price', 'Revenue', and 'Profit' (E23, D27, E29, and E30, respectively, in the Costs sheet), based on values for 'Sales' and 'Markup' that a user inputs in the Projections sheet.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarahmed1

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back