Replicating specific cell data into active cell

DarrenK

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I am designing on Excel 2011 for Mac but the results will need to work on Excel 07 and newer.

I have been asked to develop a teaching tool for my company's training department. I have the general layout designed. It's an 11x11 grid, 2 grids actually on 2 worksheets: (B2:L12) on both the ANSWERS tab and the QUESTIONS tab.

I want the trainees to be able to select a specific cell in the QUESTIONS grid and with the help of a formula (if possible) or (probably more likely) a macro, what should happen is the active cell on the QUESTIONS tab will display the symbol that is in the same cell within the ANSWERS tab. (If H4 on the ANSWERS tab has a star, the star will appear in H4 of the QUESTIONS tab).

I tried looking up examples but was unsuccessful. Basically the symbol that appears for the trainee will determine the question they will have to answer from the trainer.

First, can this be done with a formula to avoid VBA? I am one of the top 3 employees in terms of VBA knowledge (and what does that say since I am asking for help building a code) so if VBA can be avoided at all, that would be great.

Secondly, if a formula is impossible, would this even be possible through VBA coding?

Thank you in advance for any and all assistance.

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
I forgot one thing…

I also have audio files in the spreadsheet that I would like to incorporate when the symbol appears. Just to jazz it up. Can that be added in so once the symbol populates in the QUESTIONS cell, the sound plays simultaneously?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back