Excel VBA to highlight a cell when cell value changes and then copying entire row to a new log worksheet

beekantik24

Very new to VBA but understanding its potential, I feel there is a way to avoid using track changes option and get more by using appropriate VBA.
I am working on a resource forecasting spreadsheet that has columns dedicated to each quarter for year 2018 and subsequent years. Multiple users will check out the file and enter their inputs by either revising existing values to these quarter columns or entering new values on a separate row. I'd like to highlight/color the cells that were revised after every user saved the file.
In addition, will it be possible to copy the entire row/s to which a modification/s was/were made on a separate log worksheet (preferably hidden). In short, I'd like to summarize on a separate log worksheet, a set of rows to which the resource numbers were revised or added for further analysis.
The highlighting of a modified cell and copying of the entire row to a log worksheet can happen every time a file is saved so that final revisions are colored/recorded.

PS: Columns (Q1-18, Q2-18,Q3-18...) that contain the resource numbers will be unprotected whereas the other columns that contains other details (first few columns and last few columns in my actual spreadsheet) will be locked to prevent any accidental change of data by users.

The real table is far more detailed than the example table shown below:
Resource IDGroup NameTask nameQ1-18Q2-18Q3-18Q4-18Q1-19......

<tbody>
</tbody>

Appreciate all the quick help I can get! In SOS mode as the file needs to go live on monday :(

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
I can't promise a solution but can you post a screen shot of what your data looks like? Section B at this link has instructions on how to post a screen shot: https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/board-announcements/127080-guidelines-forum-use.html Alternately, you could upload a copy of your file to a free site such as www.box.com. or www.dropbox.com. Once you do that, mark it for 'Sharing' and you will be given a link to the file that you can post here. Include a detailed explanation of what you would like to do referring to specific cells and worksheets. If the workbook contains confidential information, you could replace it with generic data. This would make it easier to help.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back