VLOOKUP returning #N/A and some values that are wrong

ksmith21

I just have no idea what I am doing wrong.

I have two worksheets and 4 VLOOKUP formulas on one of them for each row. For some reason the VLOOKUP is not finding the corresponding value on the other worksheet even thought when you do a ctrl + F it finds it.

What makes it more odd is about half way down the VLOOKUP formulas they start populating data but it is so very wrong.

Worksheet1: 'GLOBAL NAV STRUCTURE' - Data from A2:E1606 not including headings
Worksheet2: 'Export from Pyxis' - Lookup value in column B. VLOOKUP formulas in columns K to N.
Formula in K2 =VLOOKUP($B2,'GLOBAL NAV STRUCTURE'!$A$2:$E$1606,1).

I want to return the value in column A of the Global Nav Structure worksheet into cell K2 of the 'Export from Pyxis' worksheet but it is just coming up with #n/a.

Alternatively, when I get down to cell K546 in the 'Export from Pyxis' worksheet the VLOOKUP formula starts showing me values but they aren't the right ones by a long shot.
Formula in K546 in the 'Export from Pyxis' worksheet =VLOOKUP($B546,'GLOBAL NAV STRUCTURE'!$A$2:$E$1606,1)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
By omitting the last argument you return an approximate match. For exact matches you should add ,0 or , FALSE at the end
Why are you looking up your trying to return a value in the first column of the range when you already have that value?(B2)
Your formula should look like =VLOOKUP($B2,'GLOBAL NAV STRUCTURE'!$A$2:$E$1606,XXX,0) where XXX is the number of the column you want to retrieve a value from in the range A2:E1606

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuddy_Duddy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back