Camera Tool

crazydragon84

Board Regular
Hi,

I am using the camera tool to paste images of tables in different tabs. I have two types of tab, a report view tab and data tab. Report view tab is consolidated tab that has all the tables (which the original data are in different data tabs). I format the tables in each data tab the way i want to show on the report tab and have multiple images in the report tab linked to these data tabs as each tables has different size and numbers of columns and rows.

Some image that I use will size with original data in the data tab (e.g. if I expand the column width of the data tab, then the image on the report tab will also get wider), while some will keep the image size and just shrink the data (which will basically shrink the data sideways). I'm trying to figure out how to toggle between the two. I checked all the property of the images and they are exactly the same (except for respective height and widths).

I use Excel 2016. Thank you.

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
I have an update. I realized that when you initially create an image from the camera tool, the image will resize with the data area you have selected. However, once you close out of the workbook (after you save) and reopen, now the image size is fixed and it will no longer resize with the data range. Any idea how to toggle?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back