Update Values issue - more complicated than it seems

jlax34

I have an odd error that I haven't been able to figure out with regards to updating the values on a linked spreadsheet. When the sheet opens, its asks if I want to update values and I confirm yes. I have this sheet linked to one other sheet and those values update fine. However, I get an error message telling the that Microsoft excel can't connect to "https:// enter long web address here.xlsx. Please make sure your using the correct web address"

I have absolutely NO IDEA why this online file is attempting to be accessed when this file is open. When I check the linked files, it only shows the 1 file I expect to be there (and is updating correctly). I am not using any information that this web file would contain and don't see any formulas that contain a reference to this file. I checked the local macro to make sure there was nothing there. I even checked this file that this one is linked too, to see if IT might be linked to the web file, but it has 0 links. I'm pretty decent in excel and have asked a few other co-workers who are also excel savy and we are at a loss. Anyone have any ideas were I can look to try to kill this imaginary link??

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
Feel free to email me the file and I'll have a look. If you do, repeat the issue in the email.
Not sure if this accepts email. Add an at-sign and h o t m a i l .com to BobUmlas

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back