Complete formulas in VBA, rather than spreadsheets

Godders199

Office Version
  1. 2013
I have read that keeping formula's in VBA is alot quicker than, VBA putting the formula into a spreadsheet and the calulation being done from there. I am Keen to learn how to do this , I have a spreadsheet that takes about 2 minutes to update so i want to start looking at ways to speed this up.

I Believe, the main problem i have is the following formula, which i have currently recorded and added into the VBA to copy and paste in the spreadsheet.

=IF(SUMPRODUCT((Lists!D:D<>"")*ISNUMBER(SEARCH(Lists!D:D,'cases available '!L4))),"Mortgage","")

If anyone has examples of how i set this formula up to perform the calculations outside of the spreadsheet it be much appreciated. I only am looking for some links so i can follow examples ( appreciate this might not be the simplest formula to learn on)

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
thanks i will try, but long term i want to advance from recording formulas, i will look searching the internet for examples of all the calulations being held in VBA

Upvote 0
vba can be used for any calculation so you need to decide which worksheet functions you need to use then search vba help

Upvote 0
Godders199

What exactly do you mean by 'calulations being held in VBA'?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back