Excel Slicers Cause WorkSheet to move around per location of Pivot Table

Sphinx404

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Greetings everyone,

I'm having an annoying issue that I cannot seem to find any information on.

Each time I select an option in a slicer, the sheet moves and places the cursor on the corresponding pivot table itself (there are about 12 pivot tables on the sheet).

When I hide the columns and rows that the pivot tables are on, the sheet still moves when selecting an option on the slicer, merely up and down, rather than up down left and right. This is annoying the hell out of me and I cannot seem to find the solution. I want the user of the dashboard to have complete functionality (scroll, cell selection, etc.), but I don't want the screen to jump around each time they make a selection from the slicer.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any solutions out there?

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
I found this, hope it helps

[h=2]How to Fix the Slicer Position[/h]Right click the slicer you want to keep from moving, in my case that is the second one. I first looked in the settings, but saw nothing. I stumbled onto the Size and Properties option which opened the Format Slicer slide out menu. If you expand the Properties section select “Don’t move or size with cells” option, the slicer will no longer move.

Upvote 0
Greetings everyone,

I'm having an annoying issue that I cannot seem to find any information on.

Each time I select an option in a slicer, the sheet moves and places the cursor on the corresponding pivot table itself (there are about 12 pivot tables on the sheet).

When I hide the columns and rows that the pivot tables are on, the sheet still moves when selecting an option on the slicer, merely up and down, rather than up down left and right. This is annoying the hell out of me and I cannot seem to find the solution. I want the user of the dashboard to have complete functionality (scroll, cell selection, etc.), but I don't want the screen to jump around each time they make a selection from the slicer.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any solutions out there?

Thanks!

I know this post is dated but I didn't find any other answers out there. To solve the problem I moved the pivot table the slicer references to another worksheet. Excel only seems to move the selected cell to the pivot table when clicking a slicer if the slicer is in the same worksheet as the pivot table. Frustrating.

Upvote 0
Hi Sphinx,
Try to save the workbook in macro format "Excel Macro-Enabled Workbook"

Then re open it again. Let me know if that doesn't work!

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Each time I select an option in a slicer, the sheet moves and places the cursor on the corresponding pivot table itself

There is an easy fix. Cut your slicer and move it to another worksheet. Cut it again and paste it back to the original sheet. It will no longer move the selected cell when you use the slicer.

Upvote 0
Hmm, maybe that doesn't work. Selecting the chart before you use the slicer seems to work. Not ideal though.

Upvote 0
I know this is old, but it did help me. Sort of. It's helpful to know that if you don't select a cell in a pivot table it will jump to another one. So I ended up moving it to some hidden columns next to the slicer so that the user can't see the jumping occur.

Thanks guys!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosWin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back