Creating Rules for multiple tabs in large Excel spreadsheet

jtmbell

I have a large Excel document with a new tab for every day. I receive a master report via email every day and paste that report into my ongoing Excel document. Is there a way to create "rules" so the new daily report can format the same as the previous tab? Example - color filling certain columns, sorting/hiding columns, changing the font color in specific columns that contain certain details? As it is now, I have to reformat each daily report.

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
Not sure if you are doing this with vba or by hand, if you have one sheet formatted as you like then press control and move the sheetname to the right to create a new sheet it will take formatting with it

Upvote 0
Not sure if you are doing this with vba or by hand, if you have one sheet formatted as you like then press control and move the sheetname to the right to create a new sheet it will take formatting with it

That's a new thing I learned today.

Upvote 0
Thank you, I was able to do this (did not know you could do this!) but unfortunately that doesn't help in the way I was hoping. Let me give some additional information on the document I am using.

The master list I receive via email every day has 100+ rows and columns to DU. Once I receive this report I copy it into my ongoing list (create a new tab for that day) and paste it in. Once I have the columns hidden that I don't need to see all the time I have this down to 22 columns, the number of rows remain the same that was on the master that day. Some rows fall off and some are added each day so the row formats will change. In addition to hiding some columns, I have some rows that are filled a certain color based on the filter from column L (as an example) and some information in column F is highlighted if certain information is included. There are several formats throughout the spreadsheet and each day is starting over.
Hopefully his helps explain what I am trying to do.

Upvote 0
Then this would need to be VBA best thing to do would be to record each step as you do it, if the end result isn't what you want then you can post the code and we can look at improving it, making the rows variable etc

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertJones1986

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back