Conditional text orientation

jlumme

I am wondering if its possible to change the text orientation when a cells that are grouped are minimized/maximized.
Basically I have merged several vertical cells and have the text orientation for those cells as "90" degrees. Now these rows are grouped, and if I minimize the grouping, the text no longer works nicely.
Below, find an image of the problem. I would like the DV1 orientation become "normal 0 degrees" in this case - is this possible ?
34sgdps.png

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
If I understand you, the cell formatting, alignment is 90 degrees and in the case of the D DV1 it looks like Wrap Text is on.

I don't think you can have the formatting changed automatically back to normal based solely on minimizing or maximizing the cells.

you will have to actually change the cells formatting

Upvote 0
Hi Drrellik,

Thanks for your reply. Indeed the text wrapping is on - if it would not be, the text on the top cell would just become "D".
My question was indeed if there was for example some VBS magic one could do about the text alignment depending if a cell has space to render the text or not..

Upvote 0
Perhaps with VBA the text alignment could be "0"ed when the cell height / width changed below a certain point to try and keep the text readable but that is above my abilities at this point.

Upvote 0
Simply

Cell format
Text at the head

And adapt the height of the cell without vba

Upvote 0
Simply

Cell format
Text at the head

And adapt the height of the cell without vba

ISY, I don't really understand your suggestion, what does "Text at the head" mean ? Are you saying just make the the cell height bigger ?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back