Set focus to embedded text box upon workbook open

GreyMatterStew

I have read through quite a few threads. So far they related to higher level issues or something totally different, so I'm led to my first question on Mr. Excel... Which I'm sure is probably my first dumb question, as well.

I have a work book with only one sheet. I use it to create barcode serial labels. When you open the workbook, everything is blank, the exception being an embedded text box to the right of the printable area and a label that reads, "Enter the starting serial # below." As you enter numbers, the printable page of labels populates itself. everything works great.

However, there is one thing I would like to fix, if possible. When the workbook opens the focus is seemingly nowhere. I have to click on the textbox to enter the numbers. I would very much like to have the focus and blinking cursor be in that box without having to click it. The actual question is, can I fix this?

BTW, This is Excel/Office 2010

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grijken

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back