Conference room booking form and schedule / calendar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

geordiesenorita

I was wondering if you could please help me with a project my boss has tasked me with. He wants me to make a excel spreadsheet (maybe a gannt chart from googling ideas) showing rooms booked (10 rooms) for a variable duration throughout the day (from 8am until 6pm for variable times I.e. 30 mins, 2 hours, 4.5 hours etc) for example room 1 may be booked from 9am-3pm by one person and then 3.30pm - 4.30pm on the same date by another, and then for it to show on what would look like a calendar with that person's name in the booking... I suggested using outlook but my boss said that his boss wants the information to be reportable, so it must be in excel. I know a few tricks in excel but I'm a novice (my boss knows this) so I am turning to the power of the Internet and you talented bunch of individuals as any advice on helping me create this would be greatly appreciated. I have a starting point of the spreadsheet which I have on Google drive. This is a work in progress, Any suggestions? Thank you all in advance. Link to file of Google drive is : https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1bPTqBpt3KJnvU7FgTuem320h-Ew4Flb0

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
Continuation https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/1046722-conference-room-schedule.html#post5028580

Please do not post the same question multiple times. All clarifications, follow-ups, and bumps should be posted back to the original thread.
Per forum rules, posts of a duplicate nature will be locked or deleted (rule 12 here: Forum Rules).

If you do not receive a response, you can "bump" it by replying to it again, though we advise you to wait 24 hours before doing and not to bump a thread more than once a day.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Et_Cetera

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back