vlookup question 3

and8eye

Board Regular
hi every one,

i have this in google sheet named "123", sheet1 (please dont delete this thread if google sheet is not supported here):

40126678984_221305b584_o.png

i have this in google sheet named "456", sheet2 (2 separate google sheets files):

40793672132_f179f80277_o.png

and i want this:
- if A2&B2 in "456", sheet2 matches any value in A&B in "123", sheet 1 ---> then show the value of E in "123", sheet1 to cell F in "456", sheet2

i tried this but somehow it didnt work for me:
=VLOOKUP(A1&B2,CHOOSE({1,2},IMPORTRANGE("google sheet named "123" url","sheet1!A1:A99999")&IMPORTRANGE("google sheet named "123" url","sheet1!B1:B99999"),IMPORTRANGE("google sheet named "123" url","sheet1!E1:E99999")),2,FALSE)

*in case you dont know, heres the importrange formula: https://support.google.com/docs/answer/3093340?hl=en

please help.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Sorry i don't know about google sheet and i don't exactly understand very well your question. However as your urge i try it in Ms Excel to see if from Ms Excel you can transform it to google sheet or not? please check below and let me know if it doesn't meet your requirement.

within sheet 456, in F1 apply below formula
Code:
=INDEX('123'!$E$1:$E$8,MATCH(A1&B1,'123'!$A$1:$A$8&'123'!$B$1:$B$8,0))

and please ctr + shift + enter (not just enter) then it will bring value from sheet 123, column E, to this sheet (F1).

Upvote 0
Sorry i don't know about google sheet and i don't exactly understand very well your question. However as your urge i try it in Ms Excel to see if from Ms Excel you can transform it to google sheet or not? please check below and let me know if it doesn't meet your requirement.

within sheet 456, in F1 apply below formula
Code:
=INDEX('123'!$E$1:$E$8,MATCH(A1&B1,'123'!$A$1:$A$8&'123'!$B$1:$B$8,0))

and please ctr + shift + enter (not just enter) then it will bring value from sheet 123, column E, to this sheet (F1).

wow, your first post and it was in my thread :D

thank you much, it works

btw, can you think of index/match across 2 different sheets? (i cant use vlookup since the value i need is on the left column)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ExcelError

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back