bearcub

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2013
  3. 2010
  4. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
I haven't done this yet but there is a possibility that I will have to create a master file which is linked to 5 separate Excel files. We have members that don't occur in our Members database and need to manually added to our Excel files so they show up in our Leadership reports.

I created an Excel file for each of our offices and now I think I will have to create a master file so we can run reports for all of our members in our entire region - not just one office.

As I'm thinking about the design i can see that members could be removed and added to one of these linked files and I may not know which member has been added or removed.

If just linked my main file to each individual office I would know which member has been removed but I wouldn't know which members were added. i can't add additional rows to the main file (if this was possible I would do it but just be assured that I have constraints on my direct links).

Is there some tool in Excel that I could add to my main file so I could easily keep track of any additions or subtactions to the original data (besides turning on the tracking changes feature).

I was thinking of using the camera tool for this but I'm not sure it will would allow me to link it to separate files.

Thank you for your help in advance,,

Michael

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back