Array formula?

Colonel

Worksheet A (Base Volume Data) contains a list of project numbers with a quantity per week for each project. Worksheet B contains activity data for component parts in these projects; Column B contains project numbers; Column N contains cycle times for a specific operation.

Obviously, retrieving the quantity per week via a vlookup and multiplying by the cycle time is easy; =(N4*VLOOKUP(B4,'BASE VOLUME DATA'!$B$4:$E$7,4,))

However, rather than have a separate column to perform this calculation for each component part and then doing a sum of the results, I'm wondering if there is a way to perform the calculations for each row from within one cell. Can this be done with an array formula?

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
Welcome to the Forum!

Try:

=SUMPRODUCT(IFERROR(LOOKUP(B4:B100,'BASE VOLUME DATA'!B4:B100,'BASE VOLUME DATA'!E4:E100),0),N4:N100) array-entered, assuming 100 >= your last row

Upvote 0
Thank you - your formula does give me a result, but it's different to the result I get if I do it the long-winded way.

The BASE VOLUME DATA worksheet currently only contains 4 rows of data;

and the data in worksheet B is contained in rows 4:42, so the formula I have is;

{=SUMPRODUCT(IFERROR(LOOKUP(B4:B42,'BASE VOLUME DATA'!B4:B7,'BASE VOLUME DATA'!E4:E7),0),N4:N42)}

This returns a result of 32.96, but it should be 67.55

If I evaluate the formula, it looks like it's not looking at the right data in the lookup;

Column B in Worksheet B contains 17 entries for project 1236, 14 entries for project 1192, 4 for project 1289 and 4 for project 1165

Upvote 0
Try this (not array-entered).

=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF('BASE VOLUME DATA'!B4:B7,B4:B42,'BASE VOLUME DATA'!E4:E7),N4:N42)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
81jamesacct

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back