Highlight Row Heading if a given value found anywhere in that row

bigmyk2k

Board Regular
I have found a lot of things close to this, but nothing that I can make work.
I want to use conditional formatting to highlight a row heading if a given value is found anywhere else in that row.
Specifically, I am using this for project tracking, and I want to highlight a task if that task is marked "complete" anywhere else in the row (series of weeks). I will be hiding the weeks as they pass, and I want some indication of the fact that a task is complete, even if I can no longer see that it is marked as such.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
You may be able to use Conditional Formatting, but if you would like help, we are going to need more details.
An actual example would be most helpful, showing us what you have and what you are looking for.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Could you provide an example? A small data sample along with expected outcome would be helpful.

M.

Upvote 0
You may be able to use Conditional Formatting, but if you would like help, we are going to need more details.
An actual example would be most helpful, showing us what you have and what you are looking for.

You may have replied before I corrected my initial post (somehow submitted on accident before it was complete).

TaskWk 1Wk 2Wk 3Wk 4Wk 5
Task 1Complete
Task 2
Task 3Complete

<tbody>
</tbody>

I want the conditional formatting formula to look at each row individually, and format the cell in the Task (A:A) column if the value "Complete" is found.
So, in the given example, Cells A2 and A4 would be formatted, and A3 would not. Nor would any of the cells B2:F4

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Select cells A2:A4 and enter this CF formula:
Code:
=COUNTIF($B2:$F2,"Complete") > 0
and select your desired formatting option.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back