Lock/Unlock Cells in Excel Depending on Selection in Another Cell

LordFordham

Hi,

I've been attempting to lock/unlock a range of cells within a spreadsheet depending on the value selected in another cell. I have tried many different suggestions, and have made sure that the sheet is unprotected, but am coming a bit unstuck. Any help would be much appreciated.

The closest I have come to being able to achieve this was for the one row of the S/S, but this did not then replicate down all fields. Now frustratingly I can't even find the VBA code I'd entered to make that happen so unfortunately am starting from a blank!

The scenario that I have is that Column P contains a drop-down selection field with multiple options (which is applied to 1000 rows at the moment). I would like to lock down columns 'W:AD' on each row unless the option of either "Client" or "Fraud" is selected from the drop-down in cell P for that row. E.G. if Cell P5 is chosen "Client" then it would unlock W5:AD5. For any other selection from the drop-down list the chosen the fields W:AD would remain locked down (and ideally greyed out!).

Is there anyone who might be able to lend a hand and give me some direction on this please?

Many thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmsotelo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back