Excel vba website tr and td loop

johnbird1988

Board Regular
Hello,

I am trying to loop through a website to scrap some data. The HTML look like the below:

Code:
< div class="naps-list-contain">< div class="hot-list">< div class="hot-list-item">< table class="dog-list">< thead><tr class="top-header">< td class="center-td silk-td">Silk< /td>< td class="nap-td">Nap< /td>< td class="tipster-td">Tipster< /td>< td class="pos-td">Result< /td>< td class="pos-td">Odds< /td>< td class="center-td odds-td">View< /td>< /tr>< /thead>< tbody>

< tr class="dog-list-item">< td class="runner-td silk-td">< img class="lazy" src="/images/silks/32976.gif"/>< /td>< td class="runner-td nap-td">< a class="runner-name" href="/horses/grapevine.php">Grapevine< /a>< /td>< td class="runner-td list-naps-td tipster-td">< div class="nap-list">< div class="nap-item">< div class="nap-left">< div class="nap-name">Jason Heavey< /div>< div class="nap-source">(< a href="/tipster/sunday-express.php">Sunday Express< /a>)< /div>< /div>< div class="clearfix">< /div>< /div>< /div>< /td>< td>5/8< /td>< td>7/4< /td>< td class="runner-td odds-td">< a class="nap-odds" href="/kempton-results/17th-march-2018/1-30.php">Result< /a>< /td>< /tr>

< tr class="dog-list-item">< td class="runner-td silk-td">< img class="lazy" src="/images/silks/32976.gif"/>< /td>< td class="runner-td nap-td">< a class="runner-name" href="/horses/grapevine.php">Grapevine< /a>< /td>< td class="runner-td list-naps-td tipster-td">< div class="nap-list">< div class="nap-item">< div class="nap-left">< div class="nap-name">Sirius< /div>< div class="nap-source">(< a href="/tipster/the-sun-on-sunday.php">The Sun On Sunday< /a>)< /div>< /div>< div class="clearfix">< /div>< /div>< /div>< /td>< td>5/8< /td>< td>7/4< /td>< td class="runner-td odds-td">< a class="nap-odds" href="/kempton-results/17th-march-2018/1-30.php">Result< /a>< /td>< /tr>

What I would like to do it loop through all the tr and td a arrange them into a table. I have the below code but I am struggling to get the two fields below:

Code:
td>5/8< /td>< td>7/4< /td>

Code:
Pen Profiles
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
    Dim IE As Object
    Dim dd As String
    Dim NAP As IHTMLElement
    Dim NAPS As IHTMLElementCollection
    Dim NAPtd As IHTMLElementCollection
    Dim i As Long, a As Long

On Error GoTo error5

With Sheet1

Set IE = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")
    IE.Visible = False

IE.Navigate "http://racing.betting-directory.com/naps/17th-march-2018.php"

Do While IE.Busy
        Application.Wait DateAdd("s", 1, Now)
    Loop

Set NAPS = IE.Document.getElementsByClassName("dog-list-item")
    i = 0
    For Each NAP In NAPS

If NAP.className = "dog-list-item" Then

.Cells(i + 2, 1).Value = IE.Document.getElementsByClassName("runner-name")(i).innerText
    .Cells(i + 2, 2).Value = IE.Document.getElementsByClassName("nap-name")(i).innerText
    .Cells(i + 2, 3).Value = IE.Document.getElementsByClassName("nap-source")(i).innerText
    .Cells(i + 2, 4).Value = IE.Document.getElementsByTagName("td")(51).innerText
    .Cells(i + 2, 5).Value = IE.Document.getElementsByTagName("td")(52).innerText

'dd = IE.Document.DocumentElement.innerText

'Debug.Print dd
    i = i + 1
    End If
    Next NAP

Set IE = Nothing
On Error GoTo 0
End With
    Exit Sub

error5:

End Sub

I would like to loop through all the row td and column tr in the HTML. Also if possible I would also like to return the .php link at the end of the row such as below.

Code:
<td class="runner-td odds-td"><a class="nap-odds" href="/kempton-results/17th-march-2018/1-30.php">Result</a></td>

The code I have provided does work but not full and I can do with some help as it driving me mad.

Thank you

John

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
Hi John,

don't know what you have done to your post but its like a Russian doll of code tags. I have to scroll through an inch high box to read the post.

This should get the php link:

Code:
.Cells(i + 2, 6).Value = IE.Document.getElementsByClassName("runner-name")(i)

Kindly post any other requests again so other people can see it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back