Worksheet Gives Error on New Record (Paste)

Status
Not open for further replies.

theteerex

Board Regular
I have a code on one of my worksheets that automatically deletes records when called upon to do.
Unfortunately, when I create a new record on that sheet i.e. paste, I get the following error:
Run-time error '13':
Type mismatch

I only get this error when I try to paste values to multiple cells in the table.
Here is the problem, it only gives the error when I try to paste multiple values, when I paste to a single cell, there is no problem
Once I debug, excel returns that the problem is with the line colored in red below.

This is a problem as we have many rows of data and if the user cant' just copy and paste from source, it would be too cumbersome a tool.
And just to clarify, I am pasting into an existing table, simply overwriting existing data.

Code:
Public Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) [COLOR=#008000]'_Change  creates the variable as a target, transferred as a value to "ProjectName"[/COLOR]
    Dim ans As Integer

[B][COLOR=#ff0000]    If Target.Column = 2 And Target.Row > 1 And Target.Value = "" Then[/COLOR][/B]

ans = MsgBox("Are you sure you want to Delete......This cannot Be Undone !!!", vbYesNo)
            If ans = vbYes Then

With Application
                    .EnableEvents = False ' freeze WorkSheetChange event since you're about to UNDO a change
                    .Undo ' undo the change
                    ProjectName = Target.Value ' assign the deleted-undone value in to YYY
                    Rows(ActiveCell.Row).EntireRow.Delete ' delete that row
                    .EnableEvents = True ' re-enable all events
                End With
                MsgBox ProjectName & " has been deleted."  ' now you have that value in ProjectName

End If

End If
DeleteRows (ProjectName) 'Gives sub-routine "DeleteRows" the company name
End Sub

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
Does this need more explanation for help?
In my macro that calls the code above, I have the code below.
Is it monitoring only column B like I think it is?

Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)[COLOR=#008000] '_Change  creates the variable as a target, transferred [/COLOR]as a value to "ProjectName"
    Dim ans As Integer

If Target.Column = 2 And Target.Row > 1 And Target.Value = "" Then

ans = MsgBox("Are you sure you want to Delete......This cannot Be Undone !!!", vbYesNo)
            If ans = vbYes Then

With Application
                    .EnableEvents = False ' freeze WorkSheetChange event since you're about to UNDO a change
                    .Undo ' undo the change
                    ProjectName = Target.Value ' assign the deleted-undone value in to YYY
                    Rows(ActiveCell.Row).EntireRow.Delete ' delete that row
                    .EnableEvents = True ' re-enable all events
                End With
                MsgBox ProjectName & " has been deleted."  [COLOR=#008000]' now you have that value in ProjectName[/COLOR]

End If

End If
DeleteRows (ProjectName)[COLOR=#008000] 'Gives sub-routine "DeleteRows" the company name[/COLOR]
End Sub

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Answered here https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/1049024-defining-active-cell-location.html#post5036644

Please do not post the same question multiple times. All clarifications, follow-ups, and bumps should be posted back to the original thread.
Per forum rules, posts of a duplicate nature will be locked or deleted (rule 12 here: Forum Rules).

If you do not receive a response, you can "bump" it by replying to it again, though we advise you to wait 24 hours before doing and not to bump a thread more than once a day.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back