VBA to move Table rows to another table based on date entry

TestPilot87

Looking for VBA to automatically move a row of data in a table to another table based on the entry of a completion date in a specific column. Help is appreciated.

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
Re: Help: VBA to move Table rows to another table based on date entry

TestPilot:

We always need specifics. You have told us what you want to do but you have given no specifics.
You said:
Move a row of data in a Table.

1. Move what row from what table?
2. Put it where in what Table?

based on the entry of a completion date in a specific column

Any date and where will the date be entered?

Upvote 0
Re: Help: VBA to move Table rows to another table based on date entry

I have two identically formatted tables each on a separate sheet. What I'm looking for is to use an entry in a date field on one table to trigger excel to move that specific table row to either the topmost or last row of the table on the other sheet. For clarification of this discussion, each table row on the first table is an active task for my team, when the date complete is filled in I want to have it moved to the completed table on the second sheet (Same workbook). Any help is appreciated.

Upvote 0
Move rows between tables

I have two identically formatted tables each on a separate sheet. What I'm looking for is to use an entry in a date field on one table to trigger excel to move that specific table row to either the topmost or last row of the table on the other sheet. For clarification of this discussion, each table row on the first table is an active task for my team, when the date complete is filled in I want to have it moved to the completed table on the second sheet (Same workbook). Any help is appreciated.

Upvote 0
Re: Move rows between tables

TestPilot

I see you are new to this forum.
Any time you need help you need to provide specific details.

Like sheet names Table Names
Specific cells Like Range ("B1") or Table("Me") column 2 row 5

If your not really dealing with a table then you could say Sheets(1) Column B Row 5

You said:
I have two identically formatted tables each on a separate sheet.

See you did not give the Table Names and did not give the sheet names.

You said:

What I'm looking for is to use an entry in a
date field
on
one table
to trigger excel to move that specific table row to either the topmost or last row of the table on the
other sheet.

See again you did not give specific details.

Hope you understand why we need specific details.
All we know is what you tell us.
Looking forward to helping you when you can provide specific details.

Upvote 0

My apologies. I didn’t include details because I didn’t have my work computer close by and I’m comfortable replacing generic references to cells, sheets, tables, ranges, etc. myself, it’s just been a long time since I’ve really worked with any VB, probably like 2005ish.

For the sake of this thread the “open tasks” table is Sheet1.Table(“Table4”) with the trigger being an entry in the “date complete” column in on table4. The “archive” table is Sheet2.Table(“table5”). Hope this helps and apologies if there are typos, I’m sending this from my phone.

Upvote 0

Can you explain this more?
You said:
trigger being an entry in the “date complete” column

What column is the date complete column?

Tables have a number of columns so is date complete column column 3 or 4 or 5

Upvote 0

Can you explain this more?
You said:
trigger being an entry in the “date complete” column

What column is the date complete column?

Tables have a number of columns so is date complete column column 3 or 4 or 5

I'm not 100 percent on which column because I do not have the file in front of me, but for the sake of discussion 8th column. I could just use a reference to the specific column header in the table instead of knowing what column correct? eg Sheet1.Range("Table4[Date Complete]")

Upvote 0

I'm not 100 percent on which column because I do not have the file in front of me, but for the sake of discussion 8th column. I could just use a reference to the specific column header in the table instead of knowing what column correct? eg Sheet1.Range("Table4[Date Complete]")

Hi,
I have the same question as TestPilot87. I have Sheet1(IncompleteRequests) and Sheet2(CompletedRequests),
which contains the same number of column headers from A1 to E1.
The column names are PI (A1), Price (B1), Request type(C1), Organization (D1) and Date Completed (E1).
I will first fill out the next empty rows (for example range A2:D2) with relevant details, and will only fill out E2 as a date, such as 10/7/2018, once the request is completed.
I would like, upon filling out E2, for the information in A2:E2 to be transferred into Sheet2(CompletedRequests) and to be deleted from Sheet1(IncompleteRequests).

Would you kindly advise on how I may write such a macro?

Thank you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosWin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back