Pivot table - multiple value filter ranges

Brodie3

Hi all,

Looking for a solution for what I would have thought is something very basic - two ranges for value filters in a pivot. E.g. if I have data: 1,2,3,4,5,6

I want to have two 'between ranges' of say 1-2 AND 5-6 which should return: 1,2,5,6. I cannot for the life of me find a way to accomplish this (I'd rather avoid vba if possible given it's polling about 10 million rows of data)!

Thanks

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
Unfortunately not it's using powerpivot. The long term goal is to put the data into tableau but this ideally requires consolidation into one CSV but want to do a lot of validation prior to going down this path so the quick dirty pivot (seemed) like the best approach

Upvote 0
Powerpivot is Power BI (without Power Query), and you can write formulas/expressions to filter by multiple conditions. You can also stay with regular Excel if you paste the pivot table as values, then via formulas include only the desired ranges. I assume you mean the consolidated values rather than source data, otherwise with 10mil+ rows Powerpivot, VBA (despite what you wrote above) and MS Query are the only practical Excel choices.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back