How do I update Excel?

Jaymond Flurrie

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
So turns out that since I have a subscription download of Office Pro Plus 2016, the version is ancient and there's a lot of new updates made that I'd like to install. How do I do that? File -> Account -> Office Updates -> Update Options -> Update Now says I have the newest version while clearly I don't. Version I have is 16.0.9029.2253

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
Such as what? If you do not have an Office 365 subscription, you will not have all the newest features and, even if you do, depending on what update channel you are on, you may still be a month or two behind.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Such as what? If you do not have an Office 365 subscription, you will not have all the newest features and, even if you do, depending on what update channel you are on, you may still be a month or two behind.

Old Data ribbon and no Data in options as the ones I found out were fixed already last year. I can screenshot those to here if it helps.

Upvote 0
Are you sure you have an Office 365 subscription?

Upvote 0
From what I've read Office Pro Plus 2016 is not the full Office. It's some sort of shareware version. You can buy the whole thing for $6.99/month subscription.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back