Excel Workbook Print layout differs across machines

Wessie

Board Regular
Good day all

I was hoping that someone could be of assistance.

I created a complex workbook with all kinds of Userforms, Modules and VBA coding. The resultant workbook is a separate workbook created by my Excel utility that consists of a Sheet copied from my utility. Upon initial setup of this sheet, the print preview looks perfect, but as soon as the sheet copies from my workbook to the ultimate resultant workbook, the print lines jump. Then when I Export to PDF via the VBA scripts the view looks fine again, but on a colleague's PC it's stretches across 6 pages again.

I guess my question is: How can I ensure that a sheet in Excel prints, displays and exports the same across multiple machines and multiple instances of Excel. I'm guessing margins jump and settings makes it Letter instead of A4 on certain PCs. How do I ensure it remains standard across?

Thank you
Renier

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
You might get around this by setting hard page breaks and using 'shrink to fit'.

The differences between print layouts is often due to different printer settings. The 'usable area' of a sheet of paper is different for different printers. Other differences are introduced by the printer driver's conversion of type size from 72 points per inch to 300 or 600 or 1200 dots per inch—different printers have different algorithms.

I don't know if a third party 'Print to PDF' driver, say CutePDF, is any more consistent than the Microsoft builtin 'Print to PDF'.

Upvote 0
You might get around this by setting hard page breaks and using 'shrink to fit'.

The differences between print layouts is often due to different printer settings. The 'usable area' of a sheet of paper is different for different printers. Other differences are introduced by the printer driver's conversion of type size from 72 points per inch to 300 or 600 or 1200 dots per inch—different printers have different algorithms.

I don't know if a third party 'Print to PDF' driver, say CutePDF, is any more consistent than the Microsoft builtin 'Print to PDF'.

Thank you. I have tried hard page breaks, but haven't seen shrink to fit as an option. I'll explore this a bit.

Upvote 0
On my US English Excel 2016, I would go to File >> Print, then either 'Fit Sheet on One Page' or to 'Custom Scaling Options...'.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back