Sheet suddently slow

miami2k

Board Regular
Dear All,

I'm working a quite big process with a userform with 8/10 buttons doing different things on a sheet.
The file il 1400 kb big and it used to be normally fast.
Some weeks ago all the processes suddently slowed down but I can't understand why and i don't know where to start to find out.
If I go though the macros with F8 all the steps are quite quick unless there are operations on the cells.
For example this command takes like 3 seconds: Cells(riga, 3) = "Annullato"This is ridiculus. Deleting a row take 10 seconds.
It is normal that a macro that does simple things of a sheet takes minutes when some weeks ago in 10 seconds was done.

Any clue to solve this is issue.

Can I copy the modules in a new sheet? Can I delete part of the sheet to see if slow?

Thank you very much.

miami2k

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Ok, how do you suggest to copy the code? Export the modules? There are 15 Modules and 2 userforms.
Should I copy the formatting of the sheets from the old file to the new one?

Thank you.

Upvote 0
Try doing a save as. Give the workbook a new name.
Quit excel and then open up the newly named workbook and see what happens.

Upvote 0
Nothing, I save all the time with new names with the versions of the file but the new file is slow as much as the one Ive just closed.

Upvote 0
I've made a test. My file is made by 2000 lines. I've deleted half of them and performed tried to delete a like. It takes one tenth of the time it took before but it does not make sense.
Delete a line in a 10 lines sheet is the same operation of deleting it in a 2000 lines sheet. The operation does not affect the other lines.
Any idea how to improve the process?

Upvote 0
Over time, Excel can build up a lot of "excess baggage". If you are still using a 32-bit* version of Excel, try using Rob Bovey's excellent and free code cleaner utility. This is has been one of my go-to utilities for years.

http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/CodeCleaner.htm

*Does not matter if Windows is 64bit. Sadly, Code Cleaner is not compatible with the 64bit version of Office

Upvote 0
Thank you it improves it a bit but this is not the solution.

I'm afraid the file became simply too bit. Performing simple operations such as deleting a row even without running any code takes 2/3 seconds.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back