Counting Values Separated by Comma in Frequency/Sum Array Formula

Amosbroker

Good morning, everyone! :)

I have a frequency/sum formula that looks at individuals who meet multiple criteria and then provides a unique number of those individuals. For example, 72 line items match my criteria but only 63 are unique users based off the member ID field. I am running in to a problem. One of the criteria is that Column O = Completed - my formula is picking up those that read Completed only but not reading the ones that read Completed, Not Complete. I still need the formula to acknowledge this as completed even though it is accompanied by a comma and not complete. How do I incorporate this in to my array formula listed below?

=SUM(IF(FREQUENCY(IF(1-(' Query A Notes'!$F$2:$F$1500=""),IF((' Query A Notes'!$G$2:$G$1500="Quarterly lifestyle coaching")*(' Query A Notes'!$K$2:$K$1500="lifestyle coaching")*(' Query A Notes'!$O$2:$O$1500="Completed"),MATCH(' Query A Notes'!$F$2:$F$1500,' Query A Notes'!$F$2:$F$1500,0))),ROW(' Query A Notes'!$F$2:$F$1500)-ROW(' Query A Notes'!$F$2)+1),1))

Thanks a ton!
Angela

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Control+shift+enter, not just enter:

=SUM(IF(FREQUENCY(IF(1-(' Query A Notes'!$F$2:$F$1500=""),IF((' Query A Notes'!$G$2:$G$1500="Quarterly lifestyle coaching")*(' Query A Notes'!$K$2:$K$1500="lifestyle coaching")*ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Completed",' Query A Notes'!$O$2:$O$1500)),MATCH(' Query A Notes'!$F$2:$F$1500,' Query A Notes'!$F$2:$F$1500,0))),ROW(' Query A Notes'!$F$2:$F$1500)-ROW(' Query A Notes'!$F$2)+1),1))

Upvote 0
Thank you!!

I have a similar formula but I am not applying the unique count/frequency.

=COUNTIFS(' Query A Notes'!$K:$K,"Lifestyle coaching",' Query A Notes'!$N:$N,"In person/onsite",' Query A Notes'!$O:$O,"Completed",' Query A Notes'!$G:$G,"quarterly lifestyle coaching")

Same logic, I am trying to acknowledge complete even when accompanied by comma and not complete.

My formula below doesn't work - how would I edit it to work properly?

=COUNTIFS(' Query A Notes'!$K:$K,"Lifestyle coaching",' Query A Notes'!$N:$N,"In person/onsite",'*ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Completed",' Query A Notes'!$O$2:$O$1500,' Query A Notes'!$G:$G,"quarterly lifestyle coaching")

Upvote 0
Try...

=COUNTIFS(' Query A Notes'!$K:$K,"Lifestyle coaching",' Query A Notes'!$N:$N,"In person/onsite",' Query A Notes'!$O$2:$O$1500,”*completed*”,' Query A Notes'!$G:$G,"quarterly lifestyle coaching")

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Aladin!

I have a second workbook with dynamic ranges that I am working on but keep getting an error. I am trying figure out the solution on my own so that I will be able to troubleshoot and continue to build within the workbook. My goal is to have a workbook where the ranges are dynamic, I had a deadline and the formula above has worked in the meantime to get me by.

If I do not have it figured out in next day or so, I will be reaching out for further assistance. You have no idea how appreciative I am for your help!! Thanks again! :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back