Date specific bank balance running total

martincape

Hi guys,

Someone on here will probably find this dead easy.

I want to set up a spreadsheet, that will tell me how much money I will still have before I get paid again.
Basically, it would show the current date and I would input the dates and amounts of when money comes out of my bank.

So, for example, if on the 25th of a month, I input my current balance, it will know that the direct debits before this date will already have come out, so it will only subtract any future direct debits to come out.

Does anyone know how I can do this?

Hope I've made sense lol

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
hi, Martin

what about setting up a worksheet with dates down column A. And column B has a formula for the balance, being the sum of the value on the cell above, the day before, plus the columns to the right.

populate columns C, D, E, F, ..., Z, AA, AB, AC, AD, etc as many as you need with each recurring payment
by putting some formulas in these cells the daily values can be zero (for no payment) or some positive value for incoming funds or negative for outgoing.
the formulas could for example work on every n days (something for example every 7 days), or every nth day of the month (such as 15th day of the month), or whatever you have (such as quarterly or annually)
you could dedicate a few rows at the top of the worksheet to define the payment/income frequency & feed into the formulas.

adding a chart would help see the results too

OK?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lorie1693

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back