CloseDowns

G

I am very new with vba and have had frustrating times with it. Is it normal for excel to freeze up and close down completely when having done some wrong programming? When I re-open excel and re-open the book , it is in read only format. One more question. If I have 10 ActiveX controls on a sheet, opening and closing is much slower, is this normal?

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
Hi

Freezing is Excel saying its not very happy but lower levr VBA will bounce out with error and in VB Editor will highlight some part yellow, fix reset and run, little harm at that levels. Guru work can be different, so now should be OK

My fix is close everything and re boot if Excel gets grumpy, also @Windows will get grumpy.

BUT depends on exactly what your doing

VBA slows YES can do not subs but functions, target as and so on the ACTIVE scripts taht run all the time will inpair speed as the run each change and inbetween.

Be caseful as they zap resources.

Tip use what you need or sub them so active on command

Upvote 0
On 2002-03-02 14:08, Anonymous wrote:
I am very new with vba and have had frustrating times with it. Is it normal for excel to freeze up and close down completely when having done some wrong programming? When I re-open excel and re-open the book , it is in read only format. One more question. If I have 10 ActiveX controls on a sheet, opening and closing is much slower, is this normal?

When it reopens as read only, close excel, press CTRl, ALT DEL. There will still be excel running, select it and select end task.

Re-open as normal.

Try upgrading to the latest service release from Microsoft's site. This sometimes helps :eek:)

Gary Hewitt-Long
This message was edited by gplhl on 2002-03-03 07:28

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back