Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: CloseDowns

I am very new with vba and have had frustrating times with it. Is it normal for excel to freeze up and close down completely when having done some wrong programming? When I re-open excel and re-open the book , it is in read only format. One more question. If I have 10 ActiveX controls on a sheet, opening and closing is much slower, is this normal?

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi

Freezing is Excel saying its not very happy but lower levr VBA will bounce out with error and in VB Editor will highlight some part yellow, fix reset and run, little harm at that levels. Guru work can be different, so now should be OK

My fix is close everything and re boot if Excel gets grumpy, also @Windows will get grumpy.

BUT depends on exactly what your doing

VBA slows YES can do not subs but functions, target as and so on the ACTIVE scripts taht run all the time will inpair speed as the run each change and inbetween.

Be caseful as they zap resources.

Tip use what you need or sub them so active on command

Free Excel based Web Toolbar available here.

Jack in the UK
    J & R Excel Solutions
    "making Excel work for you"

Thanks, Jack
    Have a good weekend!

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On 2002-03-02 14:08, Anonymous wrote:
    I am very new with vba and have had frustrating times with it. Is it normal for excel to freeze up and close down completely when having done some wrong programming? When I re-open excel and re-open the book , it is in read only format. One more question. If I have 10 ActiveX controls on a sheet, opening and closing is much slower, is this normal?
    When it reopens as read only, close excel, press CTRl, ALT DEL. There will still be excel running, select it and select end task.

Re-open as normal.

Try upgrading to the latest service release from Microsoft's site. This sometimes helps :o)

Gary Hewitt-Long

[ This Message was edited by: gplhl on 2002-03-03 07:28 ]

Some videos you may like

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others