bearcub

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2013
  3. 2010
  4. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
I need to create formula to count the number of rows on my spreadsheet that contain formulas (Sheet B).

I have section that contains "hard-coded" records. This are hard coded in gray. I then, after the last gray row, I have all the following rows linked to another sheet (Sheet A).

I need to create a check that data on sheet B matches the number of rows that are on Sheet A. Sheet B would have the hard-coded rows plus the linked rows

Here's an example:

Sheet A contains 300 rows (the last dirtied cell is 301 - 300 plus the header row)

Sheet B has 10 rows of hard coded rows plus all the linked rows to sheet A

That total used range on the sheet B is 308 (10 rows plus 298 rows of linked data).

As a result, I'm missing 2 names from the Sheet A so I have to go to sheet B and copy down 2 more rows so I've captured those missing members.

I'm trying to build in checks so that the user will easily know that they their missing a couple of people on their linked worksheet.

Thank you for your help in advance,

Michael

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
Do you have Excel 2013 or later? There's a formulatext function that will help do this. Or with F5(Goto)-special-formulas you can copy and paste them somewhere and count.

Upvote 0
We have 2016 - I didn't think about using formula text. I was thinking about using countif with ISformula as part of the critieria but countif doesn't handle arrays.

How would you count cells using the formulatext function?

Michael

Upvote 0
I think I found something that works:

Sumproduct(--(isformula(range)).

Then the thought occurred to me that what happens if I have a couple of blank rows that contain formulas. I don't want those include. Could I use something like len(range) <>0 inside the sumproduct function too:

Sumproduct(--(isformula(range)*Len(range)<>0))?

Or is this something out there that might cover both of these situations?

Thank you again for your help,

Michael

Upvote 0
Where would i add this condition inside the Sumproduct function?

Upvote 0
I can only test with Excel 2010 (which doesn't have formulatext and isformula) but try:

=sumproduct(--(isformula(range)),--(range<>""))

len might work also

Upvote 0
I did try this and it seems to work. I copied down a couple of blank rows behind the last dirtied cell and it seemed to work:

SUMPRODUCT(--(ISFORMULA('[Alcosta Prelim.xlsb]All SCC Ready to Import'!$A:$A)),--(LEN('[Alcosta Prelim.xlsb]All SCC Ready to Import'!$A:$A)<>0))

thank you for your help,

Michael

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertocarrillom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back