Converting percentages to numbers in a formula

PB624

Hi All,
Need some help here. I have a spreadsheet that contains a summary tab and multiple sheets with the data. On the Summary I am trying to obtain the following information. The peak utilization per month per store. ON the data tab I have the IN and Out peak utilization for each month in a percentage. On the Summary tab I need to add the two (in and out) percentages from data sheet, divide by size of store and 1) find max percentage and 2) convert to number. EG formula from the Summary tab = Max('2018 Texas'!j6+k6)/c5. That provides the max per store for each month.

Does that make sense.
Thank you in advance.

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Hi,

A couple of things, a percentage as say, 50%, is actually 0.5 formatted as percentage, so if you want to see the actual number, then in the result cell, format as General or Number will show you the 0.5 rather than 50%.

Also, your =Max('2018 Texas'!j6+k6)/c5 formula, I don't think that actually gives you MAX of anything, it'll just Always be sum of J6 and K6. It's like =MAX(1+2)/3

Upvote 0
Sorry to be clear. I need the max available products moved to be shown on the Summary tab. Converted to percent. So for example in Jan sold 9.8% of max products that came IN and 9.5% of max that went out. Combining In and Out percents and then summarize for overall products in store and convert to single percent.

Upvote 0
Is it possible to have a formula pre-populated in a cell so when I enter a percentage it automatically converts it to a number? for example cell C5 is actually c3*1000. So when I enter a percent in C5 the formula converts it to a number.

Upvote 0
A cell can have either a formula or a manually entered value, not both at the same time, if the cell contains a formula, and you enter a value in that same cell, the formula will be erased and replaced by the value you entered.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guest1337

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back