Graph Ideas

south0085

Board Regular
I need to show this on a graph, and I'm looking for ideas on how to best display it:

When new person is hired, we pay them $15 per hour (example). But they require the help of HR, a Manager, a Team Leader, a Group Leader, etc. So they are really costin us, say, $500/hr (plus their labor rate).

Over time, let's say in two weeks, they now only require the help of the Team Leader and group Leader. So, they only cost us $300/hr (plus their labor rate).

After one month, they are on their own, only requiring help from superiors occasionally. So they cost us $50/hr (plus their labor rate).

What are some good options to represent this data on a graph?

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
a few ideas: You can show the additional cost and the wage for instance like this, where the vertical bar below each square is the wage
portion
1.png

Or compare 2 employees:

2.png

Or show how the % of the 2 cost over the total cost progress over for instance 10 weeks:

3.png

Upvote 0
This is wonderful. I failed to mention on additional detail (forgive me). I want to graph to also show how the productivity of the team-member goes up over time (they learn more and are able to do more effecient work). Meanwhile, the cost of the team-member is going down.

Something like a %. The first day of work, they are useless (0%). By 30 days, let's assume they are at 100% productivity.

Upvote 0

I've downloaded the file, and I'm trying to manipulate it for my data. The only thing I can't figure out is how to change the range on the y-axis(s). For my productivity (the top half of the graph), I only need to go to 100%. And for the bottom, I need it to go to somewhere around $200 ish. How can I do this?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back