manc

Good day Demigods,

I have the following code sitting in "ThisWorkbook":
Code:
Sub Button_Goto_Correct_Consignee()

Dim BR As Integer

BR = Range("'H'!AL3")

Select Case BR

Case Is = 1: Application.GoTo (ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("MDZ_AD1").Range("A1"))
        Case Is = 2: Application.GoTo (ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("MDZ_FH2").Range("A1"))
        Case Is = 3: Application.GoTo (ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("MDZ_IF3").Range("A1"))
        Case Is = 4: Application.GoTo (ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("MDZ_KFF4").Range("A1"))
        Case Is = 5: Application.GoTo (ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("MDZ_OSBJ5").Range("A1"))
        Case Is = 6: Application.GoTo (ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("MDZ_OSBD6").Range("A1"))
        Case Is = 7: Application.GoTo (ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("MDZ_SM7").Range("A1"))
        Case Is = 8: Application.GoTo (ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("MDZ_SA8").Range("A1"))
        Case Is = 9: Application.GoTo (ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("MDZ_WS9").Range("A1"))

End Select

End Sub

Works great because i am only working on 'H'!AL3 at the moment, whilst i design the worksheet.
However, the range is going to change each time i copy the rows down.
I know what the range is going to be each time - the next one is 'H'!AL40, followed by 'H'!AL77 - a difference of plus 37 rows each time.

How can i adapt the above code to take this into consideration, to keep going an infinite number of times?

Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated, as always.

Enjoy your day
Best regards
manc

manc

When did column N come into things?

In the original code you were taking a value from column AL and using that in the Select Case.

If it should be column N the value comes from try changing the code I posted to this.
Rich (BB code):
 BR = Sheets("H").Range("N" & Sheets("H").Shapes(Application.Caller).TopLeftCell.Row+3).Value

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
Norie,

Column N is where the button sits that runs the macro.
The button basically is transparent and sits on top of the text that is in cell N6 (if AL3).
I don't mind which is used - the button or a direct reference to cell N6.

I'm not trying to confuse things!

Best regards
manc

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So the buttons are in column N but the value for the Select Case is in column AL 3 rows below the buttons, is that right?

Upvote 0
Using row 3 as an example...

Value for Select Case is in column AL3
Button sits in N6 (transparent, over text displaying "add/edit")

User clicks on button, select case takes them to correct worksheet based on value in AL3.

Row 3-39 is Job 1
Row 40-76 is Job 2
Row 77-114 is Job 3
etc. etc.
Increments of 37 each time

To continue the example for job 2, value for Select Case would be in AL40
Button sits in N43 (transparent, over text displaying "add/edit")

Sorry for the confusion.
Best regards
manc

Upvote 0
So the buttons are 3 rows below the values.

Try this.
Code:
Sub Button_Goto_Correct_Consignee() 
Dim BR As Long

BR = Sheets("H").Range("AL" & Sheets("H").Shapes(Application.Caller).TopLeftCell.Row - 3).Value

Select Case BR

Case Is = 1: Application.GoTo (ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("MDZ_AD1").Range("A1"))
        Case Is = 2: Application.GoTo (ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("MDZ_FH2").Range("A1"))
        Case Is = 3: Application.GoTo (ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("MDZ_IF3").Range("A1"))
        Case Is = 4: Application.GoTo (ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("MDZ_KFF4").Range("A1"))
        Case Is = 5: Application.GoTo (ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("MDZ_OSBJ5").Range("A1"))
        Case Is = 6: Application.GoTo (ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("MDZ_OSBD6").Range("A1"))
        Case Is = 7: Application.GoTo (ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("MDZ_SM7").Range("A1"))
        Case Is = 8: Application.GoTo (ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("MDZ_SA8").Range("A1"))
        Case Is = 9: Application.GoTo (ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("MDZ_WS9").Range("A1"))

End Select

End Sub

Upvote 0
BOOM!

Norie, code works great. Thanks for your time and patience.
Looking at the code, pretty straight forward to understand how it works, so that it good for my development!
Thanks again.

I do have another question though, and sort of ties in with what you have provided here with another post of mine.
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/1052011-cascading-drop-down-lists.html
Would a Select Case work with, or be an alternative to, populate a drop-down list?

Basically, what you have provided me works great in helping the user get to the correct worksheet in order to add items to a list for a customer.
However, back to sheet 'H', and below where the button sits, is a drop down list that should display the items associated with Select Case BR.

I won't go on, as i am going off the original topic, but would really appreciate you taking a look and advising if possible.

Thanks for your time
Best regards
manc

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back