Extracing a value from one paticular cell in multiple workbooks and listing them in order.

Bvendett4

Hello,
I have a workbook that records new files saved into a folder and generates a hyperlink to that file.
In each workbook file that is saved there is one cell that advises if the value is Low, Medium or High ( in this instance cell is D3).
I need my workbook that stores these hyperlinked files to show the value in the work book.
I would do this manually, however there will be over 200 .xlsm workbooks saved eventually and I also want new files to be recognised when created, I believe this can be done when the database is saved.

HeaderDateNew DateValue
101R File A09/04/18=Value -1/2/3yrs dependant if value is Low, Med or High=CellValue of D3 in 101R File A
102R File B11/04/18=Value -1/2/3yrs dependant if value is Low, Med or High=CellValue of D3 in 102R File B
104R File D11/04/18=Value -1/2/3yrs dependant if value is Low, Med or High=CellValue of D3 in 104R File D

<tbody>
</tbody>

As shown in the table there may be a file mising i.e. there is no file required for 103R File C.
I have already have the formula for the text highlighted in red.

Please can someone advise if this is actually possible, I am guessing it may be easier to add the Low, Med or High into the title and have the workbook read from there, but ideally I want it to read from the cell in D3.
Please also advise if this make sense, because I am finding it difficult to put in words what I actually require!

Please note, I am only just learning what excel is capable of - which is far more than I had ever hope and dreamed - however I am very basic at VBA code and would appreciate any direct instruction on any changes that may be need to any VBA code provided for my requirements.

Many Thanks

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back