Calculations will not update

ScottInTexas

Board Regular
Don't jump to conclusions. Yes, Automatic Calculation is ON. I have a very long calculation involving 12 cells. A user of the template sent me a copy of his that would not update when one of the values was changed. Calculate Now, Calculate Sheet did not force an update. But if I delete an operator (such as the multiplication character) and put it back the calculation updated. And yes, automatic calculation was on. In the same sheet in another cell a calculation result showed NA. The formula was correct. But only after I copied the same formula from another cell did it update. In another cell the Sum function would not update. Any ideas on what may cause the problem? This is a huge template involving thousands of calculations. If it happened to this guy it will happen again and I need to know why it happened at all.

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
I have seen some complicated formulas where the changed value nulls itself out because it is both added one total and subtracted elsewhere in another total. So no matter what the value is, it has no effect on the result.

Use the Trace Precedents feature to trace back where the changed value is used.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the tip. Sometimes I forget all about some of the features in the ribbon. I'll let you know how it goes.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmmotairi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back