Trying to do a date range IF statement

markman235

Hi everyone,

I'm stuck on what looks like a pretty simple formula. What I am trying to do is, I have a work schedule for a production team on one tab. I also have a vacation listing on a second tab.

I am trying to write a statement that will say to look at the employee's name (A6), look at date for that day (C4), and look at the vacation tab and to see if that person's name is listed and if so, is that days date within the vacation date range. (The vacation start date is Vacations!B:B, and the end date is in Vacations!C:C)

=IF(AND(MATCH(A6,Vacations!A:A,0),C4>=Vacations!B:B,C4<=Vacations!C:C),"Vacation","Off")

Thanks,

Mark

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
Update:

I found a solution by getting a bit creative and removing one of the match criteria and adding an IF/CountIf statement to get the first condition met. It might be a little sloppy, but it works for what I need. And as a point of clarification, the "off" at the end is just because this is that individual's day off. Other cells have "5:30A - 2:00P".

Here is the formula: =IFERROR(IF(COUNTIF(Vacations!$A$2:$A$50,$A$6)>0,INDEX(Vacations!$E$2:$E$49,MATCH(1,IF(Vacations!$B$2:$B$49<=C4,IF(Vacations!$C$2:$C$49>=C4,1)),0)),"Off"),"Off")

I hope this helps!

Mark

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back