Macro/VBA help.  Insert Sum() to bottom of numbers, continuously in column, till end.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Macro/VBA help. Insert Sum() to bottom of numbers, continuously in column, till end.
Thanks Thanks: 0 Likes Likes: 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Macro/VBA help. Insert Sum() to bottom of numbers, continuously in column, till end.

Hello again Peter, sorry for the tardy reply as I had to step out. The negatives you describe are actually exactly how I want the summing to be performed so your coding fits my application perfectly. The only modification I made was to change "Error" to "". Now I wish I could buy you a beer but I see you're from the Canada of the south (Australia) and I'm from the Australia of the north (Canada) =) so it will be rather difficult! But I really want to thank your for saving my posterior, hope I could repay one day!

MrExcel MVP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)

Default Re: Macro/VBA help. Insert Sum() to bottom of numbers, continuously in column, till end.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_m101 View Post
    The only modification I made was to change "Error" to "".
    Instead of doing that, consider just removing this bit of code altogether, so you only do anything if fr>0.

Code:
        End Select
          If fr > 0 Then
            .FormulaR1C1 = "=SUM(R" & fr & "C:R[-1]C)"
          Else
            .Value = ""
          End If
      End With
    End Sub
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_m101 View Post
    The negatives you describe are actually exactly how I want the summing to be performed so your coding fits my application perfectly. Now I wish I could buy you a beer but I see you're from the Canada of the south (Australia) and I'm from the Australia of the north (Canada) =) so it will be rather difficult! But I really want to thank your for saving my posterior, hope I could repay one day!
    You're welcome. I'll look you up for that beer if I ever get to Canada.
    Hope this helps, good luck.
    Peter
    Excel 365 - Windows 10
    - Want to help your helpers by posting a small, copyable, screen shot directly in your post? Look here
    - If posting vba code, please use Code Tags - like this [code]Paste code here[/code] - or use the VBHTML Maker
    - Read: Forum Rules, Forum Use Guidelines, & FAQ

Some videos you may like

User Tag List