Seandobson2402

Hi Guy,

Still getting to grips with VBA and I'm wondering if anyone can help me with the below code.

Instead of filtering to row 10841, I would like to locate the last row and use this. My data will get higher that 10841 rows and I don't want to have to keep increasing the number.

Code:
Private Sub FilterEmployees()

ActiveSheet.Range("$A$1:$F$10841").AutoFilter Field:=4, Criteria1:=Array( _
        "Name 1", "Name 2", "Name 3", "Name 4"), Operator:= _
        xlFilterValues

End Sub

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
I would do it this way:
Code:
Dim Lastrow As Long
Lastrow = Activsheet.Cells(Rows.Count, "F").End(xlUp).Row
ActiveSheet.Range ("A1:F" & Lastrow)

Upvote 0
As long as you will never have data in the filtered columns that should not be part of the filter, why not simply specify the entire column for you AutoFilter... that way you won't have to worry about the last row. Also, while I am not 100% sure, I would be willing to bet that AutoFilter automatically limits itself to the last row of data within the filtered range. For example, if you select Columns A:F and apply the AutoFilter, then execute this in the Immediate Window...

? ActiveSheet.AutoFilter.Range.Address

you will see the range appears to limit itself to the last row of data automatically.

Upvote 0
As long as you will never have data in the filtered columns that should not be part of the filter, why not simply specify the entire column for you AutoFilter... that way you won't have to worry about the last row. Also, while I am not 100% sure, I would be willing to bet that AutoFilter automatically limits itself to the last row of data within the filtered range. For example, if you select Columns A:F and apply the AutoFilter, then execute this in the Immediate Window...

? ActiveSheet.AutoFilter.Range.Address

you will see the range appears to limit itself to the last row of data automatically.

Rick would you show us how to do this using Vba. Without needing lastrow.

Show us the code needed

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I thought the whole purpose of using lastrow was to keep the script from searching for values in all 1.5 million rows.

I did say I wasn't 100% sure, but based on what AutoFilter tells me its Range is (based on what I posted in Message #3 ), I have to conclude that it limits itself automatically to the last row in the filtered columns. I could be wrong, but it does not seem so to me based on that.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tanurai

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back