Count and show Formula based on importance?

TDNova

Hello,

This might be a very simple question for some of you, but i need help finding the solution.

I got a long row that ive filled inn with information.
at the end of the row i want it to count it up, im open on suggestions here on how to show it.
i was thinking something like this.
5/5 i lack everything
-::-
0/5 i got everything

But i guess this could be shown other ways aswell

I want the one with more importance to count more . If all the important ones are there, its good to go.
but if i have all the mediocre/low and not the important ones, it's not good to go.

HSET-1HSET-2HSET-3aHSET-3bHSET-6HSET-7aHSET-7bHSET-7cHSET-7dHSET-8HSET-9HSET-10aHSET-10bHSET-10cHSET-12HSET-13HSET-14HSET-15HSET-16HSET-(16a)HSET-(16b)HSET-17HSET-20HSET-25aHSET-25bHSET
ImportantImportantImportantImportantmediocre mediocre mediocre mediocre mediocre mediocre mediocre mediocre mediocre low importance low importance low importance low importance low importance low importance low importance low importance low importance low importance low importance low importanceThis is were i count how many i got.

<colgroup><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
Hi TDNova,

Why not set a weight on each of the values?

Weight555555333333111111
SetHS1HS2HS2HS3HS4HS5HS1HS2HS2HS3HS4HS5HS1HS2HS2HS3HS4HS5
DataHighHighHighHighHighHighMediumMediumMediumMediumMediumMediumLowLowLowLowLowLow

<tbody>
</tbody>

Example above.... then do a countIF formula, and if you have reached a limit of lets say 25 then you are good to do as per your pexpression?

just a thought ofc.

Upvote 0
Hello DrShadow!

Ive never tought about it since im very new.

But indeed that sounds like a solid plan, i need to find some guides on how to use it.
Im willing to give it a shot.

Thanks for the headsup!

Upvote 0
Hello, i was testing DRshadow's idea, it could work on a smaller scale with less variation.

But the problem on the database i have is that there is diffrent amount for each type " would require alot of tweaking".

Im trying to make it work like this =

If the first 4 cells do not contain value then its red for warning(important parts that is a must) If you have the first 4 then it's okey. but i still want to count the other ones aswell.
Im not sure how to make the first 4 cells count more than the others.

TGX-1TGX-2TGX-3TGX-4TGX-5TGX-6TGX-7TGX-8TGX-9TGX-10TGX-11TGX-12TGX-13TGX-14TGX-15TGX
1111111111111 80%

<tbody>
</tbody>
It does not need to be %, it could be with color or both
This is just and example. if you need more information info just ask.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back