Saving formating of a range

Davidns

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a range that I would like to copy the formatting for to other pages. I have been using the Format Painter, but it seems there should be a better way. Is it possible to save the formatting of a range, and then apply it to another ranger whenever needed?

Thanks!

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
You could use VBA. If you turn on the Macro Recorder, and record yourself applying the formatting the want, they you will have the VBA code you need to apply that code.
Then, you can change the hard-coded range in your Recorder code to "Selection".
Then, all you would need to do to apply it to another range is select the range you want to apply it to, and run the VBA code.

Upvote 0
I thought I submitted a reply but don't see it so forgive me if this is a double post.
Thanks for your response, but I already have a detailed and large table with the formatting I want to replicate. Is there a way to save the tables formatting and apply it elsewhere? This issue came up due to the drill downs I do in Pivot Tables - the results are not formatted like the data table itself. Thus, I find myself format painting from the data table every time. Seems like there should be a better way.
Thanks again

Upvote 0
If you already have an area formatted the way you want, they just use the Macro Recorder to record the Format Painting you are doing.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ijat

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back