Excel Add-in but it won't display under the Add-in tabs

Ollie1980

I created an Excel Add-in but it won't display under the Add-in tabs. I tried with Excel 2013 and Excel 2016. The add-in is saved in the Microsoft folder for addins (AppData>Roaming, etc.)Things I've tried....Excel Options > Add-ins > Excel Add-Ins > Go .... Select it.Excel Options > Add-ins > Disabled Items > Go ... I made sure it wasn't disabled.Right click the XLAM file > Properties > General Tab > Select Unblock....(This actually wasn't even an option for me. The UNBLOCK check box did not appear on the window).Excel Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings > Trusted Locations > Add the directory where I store my add-insAfter each of these steps, I've closed Excel and reopened it. Also, this is my first ADD-IN, so if there is some code I'm supposed to include in my script, please let me know. I thought just saving it as an XLAM file would do the trick. Thank you! Very frustrating.

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Try the Trust Center/ Addins and make sure that "Require Application Addins to be signed by Trusted Publisher" is unticked

Upvote 0
Does the add-in have any toolbar buttons that might appear in the Add-Ins tab? There has to be something for the Add-Ins tab to display.

Or maybe you should consider building a custom ribbon tab.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Good job. Post any questions about the ribbon in this forum, but start a new thread.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
richa mishra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back