Formula needed (index/match probably)

balages74

Hi All,

I need some help with constructing a formula.
Basically I have a three column table, one column is transfer document, one is shop and one is goods code in the shop.
What I'd like to see is what is the goods code of the same goods in the different shops. The only connection between the goods (to know that it's the same goods is the transfer document number. I'd like to create a formula that shows all combinations of the same goods amongst the shops (it can also happen that the same goods have multiple code in the same shop due to multiple transfers). Tried to do it with index/match but it gets very complicated and still I have duplicates at the end both vertically and horizontally.

Example of what I'd like to achieve:
materials.png

This is where I got so far, but still some duplicates
materials_tried.png

Thank you in advance,

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
Thanks, but there is no desired output specified. You don't have to put up formulas. Such does not help understanding, input >> output most often does.

Upvote 0
OK, thanks. Here is an example without formulas:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Lzt559ozTWGuKhAOKUhlwlhRUxpC3_6P
On columns A,B,C the data input is. I'd like to achieve whats on the right columns (from column F)
Basically the mat doc (column A) links 2 materials (column C) together meaning they are the same materials
What I'd like to know is which materials are the same in different shops (as their code differs). There can be multiple documents linking material A-B then B-C, then I'd like to see that A-B-C are all the same.
Thank you

Upvote 0
Would the following output satisfy your need?

Row\Col
F​
G​
H​
I​
1​
shop/codecode1code2code3
2​
ShopADFcode1DFcode2DFcode3
3​
ShopBcode1code2code3
4​
ShopCCcode1Ccode2

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply! Unfortunately not. What I need to know is not which shops has which goods, but I need to know which goods are equivalent amonst the shops different codes.
Please see this example:
mat docShopmat code
3456ShopCCcode2
3456ShopADFcode2
4567ShopCCcode2
4567ShopADFcode3
5678ShopBcode3
5678ShopCCcode2

<tbody>
</tbody>

Where mat docs are equal those are the same goods. So ShopC-Ccode2 is the same as ShopA-DFcode2 (both has mat doc 3456). Also ShopB-code3 is the item as ShopC-Ccode2 as they share mat doc 5678. So ShopC-Ccode2 is equal to ShopA-DFcode2 and also equal to ShopB-code3
What I'd like to have is one line per item that contains all of it's different mat codes for the same item:
ShopC-Ccode2 ShopA-DFcode2 ShopB-code3

Given this table:
mat docShopmat code
1234AShopADFcode1
1234AShopBcode1
2345ShopBcode2
2345ShopCCcode1
3456ShopCCcode2
3456ShopADFcode2
4567ShopCCcode2
4567ShopADFcode3
5678ShopCCcode2
5678ShopBcode3
6789ShopCCcode1
6789ShopBcode2

<tbody>
</tbody>

the result needs to be this:
Shop1code1Shop2code2Shop3code3Shop4code4
ShopADFcode1ShopBcode1
ShopCCcode2ShopADFcode2ShopADFcode3ShopBcode3
ShopBcode2ShopCCcode1

<tbody>
</tbody>

Upvote 0
Are you sure? The output I have shown has the same pairings as yours and is created with a formula system which constructs it using mat doc associations...

Upvote 0
Yes unfortunately
For example mat doc 3456 pairs Ccode2-DFcode2, then 4567 pairs Ccode2-DFcode3, then 5678 pairs Ccode2-code3. So there should be Ccode2-DFcode2-DFcode3-code3 somewhere since I'm interested in which materials are the same. Your table shows which store has which mats, but what I'd like to know is what the mat code of the very same material is in the different shops. Shops are not even too important, I just need to know all the codes the same item is called in different shops (stocks).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharmarick

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back