Can I copy-and-paste old data from my table into a values-only table, and then use that in my time series chart?

Mr. Snrub

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have an Excel table called DailyBalances that uses several SUMIF functions to other tables in my workbook to calculate values for each day. As time goes on this table is getting larger and larger and execution time is getting slower and slower. So what I want to do is every month or so I want to copy the old values in this table and my other tables and paste them all into separate history tables, and these tables will all be values-only (no SUMIF functions). I think this should help cut down the execution time since for a new day's SUMIF function it has to look at a much smaller table to calculate its values. Am I correct in this, and is this in general a common approach with large datasets? Also, I have a DailyBalancesChart graph that has a column in DailyBalances as its source data. How do I change the source data from just the DailyBalances[AccountValue] column ("=DailyBalances!$B$2:$B$4535") to "DailyBalances[AccountValue] combined with DailyBalancesHistory[AccountValue]"?

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennlynn

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back