copies blank cell. screws up layout of rows

hopr37

Board Regular
2 worksheets
worksheet 1 is for entering data
worksheet 2 makes a copy of certain rows of data from worksheet 1 ( depending if a value was added to a certain row from worksheet 1)

worksheet 1:

Value 1Value 1Value 1
BlankValue 2Value 2
Value 3Value 3Value 3

<tbody>
</tbody>

So....
Whenever I change a value in the center column, it copies the values of that entire row.
Change value 1 in center column copies first, center and last row to different worksheet. That works great.
Change value 3 in center column copies first,center and last row to a different worksheet just underneath the previous column...that works great.
Now... If I were to change the value in the center column of value 2 AND the first column is blank, it still copies over to a different worksheet. However,
since there is no data in the first row it leaves it blank. The problem is, if I were to change another value in a different center column it moves the entire first row up while leaving the other rows in place thus causing everything to be off . ( Essentially, it would move value 3 up to the blank spot)

Any idea how I can avoid this?

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
Can you post the code you are using?

Upvote 0
when I change a value in column "D" it copies 3 column ( C, D and F) to a new worksheet.
Column C has a description
Column D has a value that changes when I enter a number
Column F has a value that changes depending on what value I put in column D ( it basically just subtracts the numbers )
the problem is that when/if column C is blank, it does indeed copy all 3 cells but then if I make ANOTHER change to column D it pushes column D and F one row.

On Error Resume Next
Application.ScreenUpdating = False

If Not Intersect(Target, Range("D:D")) Is Nothing Then

Dim r1, r2, r3 As Integer

r1 = Application.WorksheetFunction.CountA(Sheets("RunningTotal").Range("C:C")) 'copper column goes to running total sheet,column C
r2 = Application.WorksheetFunction.CountA(Sheets("RunningTotal").Range("D:D")) ' used footage column goes to running total sheet,column D
r3 = Application.WorksheetFunction.CountA(Sheets("RunningTotal").Range("E:E")) ' date entered column goes to running total sheet, column E

Sheets("RunningTotal").Range("C5").Offset(r1).Value = Sheets("Copper").Range("A" & Target.Row).Value 'copies column A from "Copper" to C4 of "Running Total"
Sheets("RunningTotal").Range("D5").Offset(r2).Value = Sheets("Copper").Range("D" & Target.Row).Value 'copies column D from "copper" to D4 of "Running Total"
Sheets("RunningTotal").Range("E5").Offset(r3).Value = Sheets("Copper").Range("F" & Target.Row).Value ' copies column F from "copper to column E4 of "Running Total"

Upvote 0
Try
Code:
   Dim Nxtrw As Long
   Application.ScreenUpdating = False

If Not Intersect(Target, Range("D:D")) Is Nothing Then
      Nxtrw = Sheets("RunningTotal").Range("C:E").Find("*", , xlValues, , xlRows, xlPrevious, , , False).Row

Sheets("RunningTotal").Range("C" & Nxtrw).Value = Sheets("Copper").Range("A" & Target.Row).Value 'copies column A from "Copper" to C4 of "Running Total"
      Sheets("RunningTotal").Range("D" & Nxtrw).Value = Sheets("Copper").Range("D" & Target.Row).Value 'copies column D from "copper" to D4 of "Running Total"
      Sheets("RunningTotal").Range("E" & Nxtrw).Value = Sheets("Copper").Range("F" & Target.Row).Value ' copies column F from "copper to column E4 of "Running Total"
   End If

Upvote 0
hold on. I may have spoken too soon. Give me a few minutes to verify.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In future please do not use the report button to say thanks. It is there to report problem posts to the moderators.
If you add this
Code:
Nxtrw = Sheets("RunningTotal").Range("C:E").Find("*", , xlValues, , xlRows, xlPrevious, , , False).Row
MsgBox Nxtrw
What does the message box say

Upvote 0
In that case if you have a look at row 5553 you should see your data.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juggernaut24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back