Find any text/value in row

RastaBananaa

Hi All,

I am in need of some assistance again.

So I am trying to figure out a way to have excel look through a range of rows and stop when it finds a value. This value would be text, but any value would do.

The way I set excel which column to look at is by using:

Cells.Find(what:="OwnedByCustomer", after:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt _
:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:= _
False, SearchFormat:=False).Activate
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select

The above finds the particular text and then moves to the row below that text. For some sheets I might have a few rows(unknown amount of rows) in this particular column which contain no data. So I need excel to look through all rows below from the current active cell and once it finds a value, stop looking further. Once the value is found, this value then needs to be copied (the copy part is the easy part)

Unfortunately, I cannot define a location of OwnedByCustomer column as this is dynamic.

Thanks in advance for your help.

RastaBananaa

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
How about
Code:
Sub FndCopy2()
   Dim Fnd As Range
      Set Fnd = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Find("OwnedByCustomer", , , xlPart, , , False, , False)
      If Not Fnd Is Nothing Then
         Fnd.Offset(2).Resize(Rows.Count - Fnd.Row - 1).SpecialCells(xlConstants)(1).Select
      Else
         MsgBox "Nothing found"
      End If
End Sub

Upvote 0
How about
Code:
Sub FndCopy2()
   Dim Fnd As Range
      Set Fnd = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Find("OwnedByCustomer", , , xlPart, , , False, , False)
      If Not Fnd Is Nothing Then
         Fnd.Offset(2).Resize(Rows.Count - Fnd.Row - 1).SpecialCells(xlConstants)(1).Select
      Else
         MsgBox "Nothing found"
      End If
End Sub

Hi again Fluff,

The initial test of this code has come back with a positive result. It seems to be working. I will need to integrate this into the rest of the code to see how it behaves though and will report back.

I have also run a test to see what would happen if the entire column contains no data/value and this produces a following error:

Run-time error '1004'
No cells were found.

Debug points to:

Now it is impossible that the entire column will not contain any data so this error is not a problem. I just wanted to give some feedback on the code.

Thanks again,
RastaBananaa

Upvote 0
If you want to prevent that error simply do this
Code:
On Error resume next
On Error Goto 0

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DannyC96

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back